Our shed got a face lift!
Monday, August 15, 2011
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Thursday, August 4, 2011
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 15 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese and mayonnaise. Stuff jalapeno halves with the mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl. Place crushed corn flake cereal in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each stuffed jalapeno half into the egg and milk mixture, then roll in corn flake cereal to coat.
Makes 3 ½ cups
· 3 cups Sungold cherry tomatoes
· 1 small red or yellow onion, diced
· 1 bunch basil or cilantro
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 7 jalapenos
· Juice of 1 lime
· Juice of 1 lime
· Salt to taste
· Drizzle of honey
Mix everything together, starting with the lime juice and jalapeno. Add more salt, spice or lime as needed.
· Add a bit of chopped oregano to add an earthy taste
· Substitute lemon juice or vinegar for the lime
· Add 1 small diced sweet pepper for crunch
· Crush a handful of blueberries and add to the salsa for some additional sweetness
· Roast one small egg plant, dice and add to the mix for a creamier texture
Serve with tacos, chips, quesadillas, beans and rice, pan-fried potatoes or anything else you’d normally pair with a chunky, sweet salsa.
- 6 cups oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds fresh okra, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F. (You may not need to use this much oil; do not fill the pan more than halfway up the sides with oil.)
In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, House Seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Dip okra in buttermilk and then dredge in cornmeal-flour mixture to coat well. Carefully add okra to the hot oil and cook until golden brown. (It may be necessary to fry the okra in batches.) Remove from oil, drain on paper towels, and then serve immediately.
1 cup salt
1/4 cup black pepper
1/4 cup garlic powderMix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.