Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dominican Republic Homecoming

I recently visited La Guama where I served 2 years in the Peace Corps in the Dominican Republic.  A couple of folks had died but everyone else was doing great and the agriculture was progressing.  I miss life there, but am happy to be home.   
 
Bartolo is the man.  Here he is wheelin and dealin on the phone in the greenhouse.  This is where I got the courage to start a business.

 Padre Juan helped to create a beautiful facility for visitors, worshipers, and locals to fellowship and this is a mural painted on the side showing some of our agricultural work.  Notice the greenhouse.

That's bananas!

This is my host mom Eddy and me.  She kept me healthy and sane. (and plump)

This is a small business created to help women out of poverty by employing them to turn peanuts into peanut butter and sell it locally.  Shout out to Jeff and Jeremy.

Greenhouse production

Slash and burn baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment